Community Corner allows all of us at Lafayette Community Bank to shine a spotlight on many of our business partners in the community. Since 1977, Buckles Feed Depot and Pet Supply has provided Lafayette pet owners with quality products. From exotic lizards and snakes, to fuzzy rabbits and hamsters, Buckles has a wide variety of animals to choose from. Visit Buckles and bring home a new furry friend, or one that slithers, today!
Tempest Homes offers custom-built new homes at an affordable price and they are one of our trusted business partners. They build new homes with a focus on energy efficiency, quality, and affordability. Their team of sales representatives is very invested in each of their customers and they have countless positive reviews.
Tempest Homes builds homes in both the West Lafayette and Lafayette area and they have a reputation of building safe communities. If you’re in the market for a new home, don’t forget to contact the folks at Tempest Homes!
10 North 7th Street
Lafayette, IN 47902
Phone: (765) 742-0300
Fax: (765) 742-0304
Thompson Brothers Auto Sales is a used car dealership run by Dave and John Thompson off of 52 in Lafayette. Thompson Brothers is a business partner with Lafayette Community Bank and they have been in business for 25 years, since they opened in 1990. They serve our community by offering quality, used vehicles with easy payment plans.
We are happy to partner with a company that believes “in treating others in a way that you would like to be treated.” Their mission for serving the community and offering affordable vehicles are just a few reasons you should stop by Thompson Brothers the next time you are in the market for a new vehicle.
2207 Concord Rd.
Lafayette, IN 47909
Schomers has been offering prompt and courteous service to the Greater Lafayette area for over 50 years. They offer plumbing, heating, and air conditioning services with a qualified, and licensed team of experts. They offer a variety of services for many residential repair needs.
We partner with Schomers and we would like to applaud their excellent service to the community as a longstanding company that offers the best service in their business. If you’re in need of plumbing, heating, or air conditioning services, have peace of mind in calling Schomers!
Schomers Plumbing and Heating LLC
1450 Industrial Drive
Lafayette IN 47905
office (765) 447-4014
We are proud to be a business partner with Service Master Clean for all that they do to keep the homes in our community in top-notch state! Next time you need your carpet and flooring cleaned, call Service Master Clean of Lafayette.
Office: ((765) 588-4225
4424 McCarty Ln, Lafayette, IN 47905
If you’ve applied for a mortgage in the past couple of years, you may have noticed the need to provide a few more documents to your lender than in years past. That’s because the mortgage industry continuously adjusts to new financial regulations and requirements, and it is more important than ever to ensure that the financing is documented properly. Approval of your loan is contingent upon your financial profile on or shortly before closing, not just at the time of your application. Changes in your finances and employment during the time period between the application and closing dates could adversely affect your ability to obtain financing! Make sure to work with your lender on this, and understand what is recommended and not recommended for you during your loan process.
- Ask lots of questions and be sure that you understand the way the process will work
- Provide your lender with all financial documents required for the loan, both at the beginning and throughout the process
- Come prepared to your application meeting with income and asset statements
- Continue to pay all financial obligations on time, including your existing mortgage, even if it is being refinanced with your mortgage transaction
- Communicate with your lender about any changes that may occur to your purchase contract or builders contract for new construction
- Keep your own copies of all loan documents that you sign at application
- Provide your lender with your home owner’s insurance company contact in a timely manner
- Expect to provide all pages of bank statements requested, and be able to source and explain any large deposits to your account that are in excess of 50% of your monthly income
- Don’t apply for any new credit once your loan is in process. Wait to buy that new car until after the process is over!
- Don’t change jobs or quit your current position during the loan process. The lender will need to verify your employment up to a few days before the loan closing and it is important that it remain consistent without changes during this time.
- Don’t make any significant large charges to your credit cards
- Don’t become a cosigner with anyone on their new debt
These simple guidelines will help your loan go well from start to finish. Lafayette Community Bank’s mortgage team is here to help with your next lending need, and make your experience a great one!
Hunters Pub was established in the Lafayette area in 1999 and is now home to three locations in Lafayette and West Lafayette, serving as a familiar, neighborhood pub. As a partner with Lafayette Community Bank, Hunters is invested in caring for the community.
Hunter’s is a great place to visit as they offer award-winning food in a great atmosphere. We are proud to partner with such a great business that shares the same vision for community that we do! Visit one of their three locations next time you go out for drinks or just for dinner!
Hunters Pub Westside
1092 Sagamore Parkway
West Lafayette, IN 47906
Hunters Pub Southside
3230 Daugherty Drive
(on Concord Rd)
Lafayette, IN 47909
Hunters Pub Down Under
302 Ferry St.
Lafayette, IN 47904